|"It's a plot to kill me!"|
The idea is simple: whenever the numbers 23, or 36 through 41 come up, roll the two six-sided dice and refer to this chart. Results 11-36 are new. Results 41-66 are numbers from the regular boards. Note: some of the splits require the use of a 20-sided die, available at any hobby shop.
11-14 21- 3 31-17 41-41 51-36 61-41*
12-13 22- 2 32- 7 42-38 52-39 62-37
13-11 23- 9 33-10 43-23 53-37 63-23*
14-15 24- 1 34- 6 44-36 54-39 64-40
15-16 25-15 35- 5 45-37 55-36 65-39
16-12 26- 4 36- 8 46-40 56-39 66-38
*with the bases empty, pitcher comes in high and tight, wakes batter up. Ball.
Play results, new numbers:
1. Starting pitcher's got a blister. 1-10 he has to come out of this game. No grade bump for new pitcher. 11-20 Manager and trainer come out, but pitcher shoos them away, he's fine.
2. (platoon thing)
R-R or L-L : F3-double adv. 2. F2-single adv 1. F1-ground out 6-3 adv 1.
L-R or R-L : F3-triple F2-double adv 2. F1-single adv 1.
3. FOR ALL: Injured chasing pop foul. F1 makes catch, others foul ball.
1-7 IB 8-13 3B 14-20 SS
4. Difficult fly ball. 1-6 LF/ 7-14 CF/ 15-20 RF. See result #11, substitute hits for errors.
5. FOR ALL : The pitch hit him and he's down! Injury. Roll 19, pitcher ejected, 20 batter gets up and charges the mound, fight! Both ejected. No grade bump for reliever on 19 or 20.
6. Foul tip got the catcher. 1-10 he's injured. If only 1 healthy catcher, ignore.
7. Line drive hits pitcher. 1-15 he's injured. 16-20 this game only. No bump for reliever.
8. Possible inside the park homer. Use batter's RUNNING SPEED.
F-1-10 2B all score 11-14 triple, 15-20 ISP HR.
N-1-5 single adv 2, 6-12 2B all score, 13-16 triple, 17-20 ISP HR.
S-1-10 single adv. 2, 11-15 2B all score, 16-19 triple, 20 ISP HR.
P*-1-15 single adv. 2, 16-18 2B all score, 19 triple 20 ISP HR.
* pitchers with a 1 or 5 on card use regular results.
9. FOR ALL : Batter strikes out and is ejected for handing ump a white cane.
10. Passed ball number.
C-9 1 only C-8 1-6 C-7 1-11 C-6 1-16 C-5 PB. Otherwise, nice stop!
11. Outfielder crashes into wall and is injured. 1-7 LF/ 8-13 CF/ 14-20 RF
F3- 1 makes catch 2-9 one base error, 10-19 2 base error 20 3 base error
F2- 1-10 makes catch 11-15 one base error 16-20 2 base error
F1- 1-19 makes catch 20 one base error.
(All outs are SAC FLY from third if applicable; All adv. 2 with two outs.)
12. Tough play for first baseman.
1B-2 1-18 error 1B-3 1-10 error 1B-4 1-3 error 1B-5 1 error.
otherwise, ground out 3-1 adv 1 with infield back; with infield in hold or force at home.
13. Lead runner in a pickle. Roll one 6-sided die. (if 1st and 3rd, BACK runner in pickle.)
F3- 4,5,6 F runner safe. 5,6 N runner safe. 6 S runner safe next base.
F2- 5,6 F runner safe. 6 N runner safe
F1- 6 F runner safe.
otherwise, runner out. If out, F runner behind adv 1.
14. FOR ALL: single, attempted steal, infielder spiked (treat like an 11 for runner advancement. Pitchers foul ball unless they have a 10 or 11 on card.)
First col. 11- 1-15 safe, rest caught stealing.
First col. 10- 1-10 safe, rest caught stealing.
2nd col. 11- 1-8 safe, rest caught stealing.
No steal number- 1-2 safe, rest caught stealing.
Roll again. Next batter R, 1-10 second baseman injured. Next batter L, 1-10 shortstop injured.
15. platoon stuff. "K" number.
L-L or R-R: no letters 1-5 K, y- 1-12 K, x- 1-18 K, xy or better K.
L-R or R-L: no letters foul ball, y- 1-3 K, x- 1-5 K, xy or better 1-10 K.
16. Partial injury number. Batter is injured running out nubber. "F" safe, others out 6-3. Batter is injured for J-factor. (J-1 one game, etc.) Player can still DH or pinch hit, but cannot field and becomes a "S" runner. J-0 is not injured. Last catcher can still catch but becomes C-5 and slow for duration of game. He's hurting!
17. Players crash together, BASES EMPTY ONLY!!! (otherwise, go to result 15, the K number.) 1-3 LF inj. as CF hangs on F-8. 4-6 CF inj. F-7. 7-9 RF inj. F-8. 10-12 LF and CF inj. F-8 13-15 CF and RF inj. F-8 16-17 LF and 3B inj. foul ball 18-19 RF and 1B inj. foul ball 20 Re-roll twice: once here to determine collision, then go to result 8 for hit result. If you roll 20 again, it's a triple with the batter being thrown out at home trying for an inside the park HR on fair balls only.
On steals, roll 20-sided die.
C-5 safe, 1-3 wild throw. C-6 20 out, 1-2 wild throw. C-7 19-20 out 1-2 wild throw. C-8 17-20 out, 1 wild throw. C-9 15-20 out, no wild throw.
With bases empty, 18, 20, 19 or 21 against SS-10, 2B-9, 3B-6 or 1B-5 ground out, not error.
Home run reduction (platoon stuff.)
R-R or L-L: vs. A&B 1-12 HR, A&C 1-13 HR, A 1-14 HR, B 1-16 HR, C 1-18 HR, otherwise treat as second column 7. D pitchers get no reduction.
L-R or R-L: vs. A&B 1-16 HR, A&C 1-17 HR, A 1-18 HR, B 1-19 HR, otherwise treat as second column 7. C's and D's get no reduction.
2B and 3B reduction, R-R or L-L only: use L-R HR reduction chart.
If team is up by 6 or more runs after 6th inning, ignore all steal attempts on regular boards. Continue pick-offs. Applies to lead of 10 or more at any point in game.
If a team enters a game with 8 or fewer position players or 6 or fewer pitchers, ignore all injuries. Partially injured players do not count.
Post-season injury chart: J-0 same as regular boards, J-1 one game, J-2 three games, J-3 five games, J-4 seven games.